SOURCES FOR COTTON INFORMATION
By Joan Ruane Southwest Corner
- Wonderful DVD with history of cotton to the present day information: www.historychannel.com In search put in cotton and then on the right side click on Related DVD and click on cotton DVD. The DVD is well worth $24.95 plus shipping.
- National Cotton Growers Association has an educational web site: www.cotton.org Click on Education and then scroll down to Educational Resources You will find all kinds of information.
- Colored cotton? Did you know that cotton grows naturally in brown and green: Simply Google on: COLORED COTTON and you will come up with all kinds of information.
- National Geographic June 1994 page 60: King of Fibers by Jon Thompson and photos by Cary Wolinsky
- Little Bit of History: http://www.cleo.net.uk/followtheyarn/timeline/maufacturing.html Just go to internet and put in cotton information and you will get all you want!!
- Buying items related to cotton:
- COTTON The Biography of a Revolutionary Fiber by Stephen Yafa - A Penguin Book
- The King of California by Mark Arax & Rick Wartzman
- The Art and Craft of Natural Dyeing Traditional Recipes for Modern Use by J.N. Lile
- Internet Links:
- America's Heartland - Episode 617 - Special Episode: Cotton
- www.sustainablecotton.org (where most of Easy to Spin cotton is grown)
If you know of any good sites for cotton information, please email the link to me at spincotton(at)yahoo(dot)com!